Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015, Welcome.

For the past few days I have been searching vigorously through old files, flash drives, emails, etc. I cannot find my New Year's resolutions for 2014..... they are nowhere to be found. No wonder this year was tough....there was no vision.

Every year since since 2010 I have set goals for myself and I've darn near reached every one of them by the end of it. 2015 will be no different. While most of my goals are personal, financial, emotional, etc., this year my aim is to work on the more spiritual.

1. Protect my personal devotion time with the Lord. 
- Less distractions, no Facebooking, even less worship music. Just me and God talking like best friends, every single day without exception.
-Find good devotional book, continue journaling.

2. Learn to play/sing more worship songs.
-Find out what keys work best for me.
-Get better at playing solo/leading instead of following.
-Challenge myself vocally.
-Practice at least twice a week outside of usual practice

3. Serve the church more faithfully. 
-Be involved, but not too involved in order to avoid burnout.
-Serve in areas that will stretch me and push me out of my comfort zone.
-Tithe above 10%
-Pay my ministerial renewal before the very last day of the year.....................never fails.

4. Snag more preaching engagements.

5. Study more.
-A few days ago I jokingly wrote a Facebook status noting that half of my education comes from articles found online and the other half from Pinterest DIY tutorials... this will need to change.
-Read about things I've never thought about studying before.. just continue being a learner.

6. Work on preaching calendar and sermon series for the future.
-Need to find better reading materials to help with this.
-Work on commentary collection, pastoral resources.

7. Travel.
-Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Alabama... you are all on my list. 

8. Cherish family time more.

9. Develop culinary skills further.
-Or marry a chef.

10. Run a handful of 5K's.
-Under 35 minutes is the goal.

11. Get gym membership.

12. Healthier lifestyle.
-Lose 30 pounds.
-Wear a size 12 in pants, medium in shirts.

13. Become a financial expert.
-Excel in new position at the credit union.
-Invest in a money market, IRA, HSA, etc. 
-Pay off my car! 

14. Make more guy friends.
-...and keep them. Ha.

15. Be more adventurous. 
-Get out there and freakin' do something dangerous for once! 

There you have it. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you put Minnesota on that list...otherwise I would have bee quite upset with you! :P
    These are good....I need to write mine out. So far this year has consisted of a LOT of downtime recovering from my time in MO! Haha...but it's time to crack down and write some stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, did you delete that "test" post....cause I clicked on it in my Blogger feed and it didn't come up. Does that mean the test failed or was it successful?

      Delete